The New Idea of Penny Lane



Ever since I saw the-best-movie-ever Almost Famous I was
1.) Totally in love with the idea of Penny Lane (who wasn't)
2.) Totally in love with the idea of Penny Lane's coat

It's been one of those lovelorn searches that really hasn't produced any results. I remember finding one on eBay just after the film came out, selling for $800 and played out the choices in my head - "Save for a car or buy the coat?" I chose the car, but as many cars have come and gone, the idea of Penny Lane's coat has been one long-ass unrequited love affair... Until now.

Recently I saw a coat in Tree of Life in the exact green colour of Penny's coat and I was all about ready to hand over the promise to my first born when something stopped me.

Would I be buying this for now-Morgan or for teenage-Morgan?

I walked out of the store empty handed. And I knew the search had ended. And it got me thinking…

Often we hold onto the ideas we have of ourselves that formed a long time ago. We believe things to be completely true now as they were when we were 12 or 16 or 21. But life keeps moving and changing things, giving us opportunities to change the ideas we have of ourselves along the way - and that's the beauty of it all, right? I mean, it's not like you wanna put all your hopes and dreams on a coat that was really just a prop in a movie that was set 30 years earlier anyway…

But my point is - the moment I let go of my out-dated, copy-cat idea of the perfect Penny Lane coat - this faux fur jacket from Front Row Shop turned up in my life. And I realised; this could be the Penny Lane Coat I was looking for all along, it's just the updated version, the version that fits me now, in my own style
Because it's not the coat that I wanted, it was the idea that came with it.

And the truth is, I'm not a Penny-Lane-band-aide-type touring the US with all the freedom of 1971, sneaking secret rendezvous with the lead singer of a rock'n'roll band… But I am a singing, guitar playing free spirit, who's toured the Aussie circuit many times and is in love with her boyfriend - who just happens to be the lead singer of a band. And I think that's a pretty good version to be living, because it's my version.

So, I can wear whatever the hell coat I want, coz I'm a Morgan-Joanel-type, and it's all happening.


O U T F I T   D E T A I L S
Front Row Shop coat
Dr Denim Jeans

MojoMade Double Quartz Crystal Necklace




≪☮☽The Mojo†ribe ☾☮≫


2 peeps said something:

  1. Love the look! And the movie of course :)
    Marta

    http://www.2betterthanone.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website thus i came to “return the favor”.I am attempting to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!! Jewellery Designers Cape Town

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - follow me on twitter & instagram for stuff on the go - I'm under @MorganJoanel x